From: gopher-bounce@complete.org
       Date: Mon Nov 12 17:52:31 2007
       Subject: [gopher] Re: BRING THE GOPHER BACK

       In the flurry of my own 'revive gopher' moment a while back which I
       started a gopher protocol profile on myspace.com  [
       http://www.myspace.com/gopherprotocol ]  which I immediately did
       nothing with.  If folks are into myspace then you can become friends
       of gopher, or send me info/pics to put on the profile.

       I'll have to figure out how to log in again, which might prove
       troublesome as I don't know what email I used to start the account.
       oh well.

       -Wesley Teal

       On Nov 12, 2007 10:06 AM, Kacper Gutowski <mwgamera@gmail.com> wrote:
       > Your way of thinking reassembles a little my own just after I learned
       > what the Gopher is. But I didn't share those enthusiastic thoughts
       > with any list ;)
       >
       > On 12/11/2007, Pawel <pawelsz@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
       > > 1. Newsletter
       > > 2. More statistics.
       > > 3. More software
       > > 4. More *unique* contents.
       > Agreed.
       >
       > > 5. HACKING
       > >         0. MUST HAVE: Read only English wikipedia
       > No, no. Not read olny. It should be fully featured Gopher+ interface
       > to Wikipedia. Users can download articles, edit them and then send
       > diffs with Gopher+ :>
       > Well read-only mirror is also good, but I never had enough
       > "serverpower" to do this myself ;)
       >
       > >         2. Gopher based p2p network ;)
       > Sorry, but this sounds pretty lame for me.
       >
       > > 6. Better communication
       > >         There should be some offical IRC channel
       > Is there an official IRC channel for HTTP users? "Official" makes no
       > sense imo. However channel of something like "users' group" may be
       > useful.
       >
       > > 7. Marketing
       > Needed.
       >
       > --
       > Kacper Gutowski
       > No "gopher marketing" today. I don't have my own gopher hole to
       > advertise in sig (yet?).

 (DIR) Followup: [gopher] Re: BRING THE GOPHER BACK