From: gopher-bounce@complete.org
       Date: Mon Aug  4 02:30:10 2008
       Subject: [gopher] Re: Item Type Suggestions

       Mate Nagy <k-zed@hactar.net> writes:

       > Hulloh,
       >> A possible workaround: get the parent menu (using the same method I
       >> mentioned before - I don't remember anything stating the selectors are
       >> supposed to be built with a slash between each directory name, I need to
       >> read the rfc again (even if gopher is supposed to be hierarchical, what
       >> prevents some server from using dots instead of slashes for directory
       >> separators?)), check the mime-type (for the mime-in-the-menu approach),
       >> or check if the entry has gopher+ data (then retrieve such data).
       >
       >  Exactly - you can't rely on '/' being the separator, or that the last
       > section cut off yields the valid parent dir, or even that there are
       > directories.

       And here goes an example against the method I suggested.

       An url pointing at a jumpjet resource:

       gopher://VE131.jumpjet.info/99%5cCEM%5cDisaster%3dAir%5cAre_You_Ready-Hurricane.pdf

       <snip/>
       --
       Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
       LEIC student at Instituto Superior Técnico

       -=-=-
       ``Is there any way I can help without actually getting involved?''
        -- Jennifer, WKRP