From: gopher-bounce@complete.org
       Date: Sun Feb  8 18:46:45 2009
       Subject: [gopher] Re: progress on the Overbite AIR client

       Hi Cameron,

       On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 07:53 -0800, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
       > The advantage of writing this in AIR is that it will run on Windows, Mac OS
       > X and Linux as is (there is some platform dependent code in it, but otherwise
       > it is essentially the same program). Plus, AIR is an Adobe product, so it has
       > the stability of a large, well-known company maintaining it.

       Judging from how unstable and even insecure Adobe's Flash can be on my
       Linux box[1] I wouldn't give much about the creditability of a
       well-known company. Far from it. Whenever possible I don't want to run
       proprietary software with only the binaries released on my system at
       all. IMHO it'd be better to rely on open-sourced, proven and truly
       platform independent technologies like Python, Ruby, Java, you name it.

       Just my two cents, though. Let me know if I can help with German
       translations. :=)

       Yours sincerely,
       Dennis Schulmeister

       [1] Flash is the only application which manages to freeze my whole
       computer from time to time. A company like Adobe might be large but it
       will never beat a vivid community at spotting and fixing bugs.

       --
       Dennis Schulmeister - Schifferstr. 1 - 76189 Karlsruhe - Germany
       Tel: +49 721/5978883 - Mob: +49 152/01994400 - eMail: dennis@windows3.de

       Now moved to the corridor: Hermes! (http://ncc-1701a.homelinux.net)
       Besides that: http://www.denchris.de - http://www.motagator.net/bands/65

       <GnuPG KeyIDs: B8382C97, 01AD62DE>
       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] progress on the Overbite AIR client
       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] progress on the Overbite AIR client
 (DIR) Followup: [gopher] Re: progress on the Overbite AIR client
 (DIR) Followup: [gopher] Re: progress on the Overbite AIR client