From: gopher-bounce@complete.org
       Date: Tue Feb 17 21:52:05 2009
       Subject: [gopher] Re: Anouncement: A New Version of Gopher Client

       2009/2/17 Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>:
       > It's sort of HTTP/HTML with none of the advantages. I'd rather work in
       > HTML than RTF, although I suppose at the time RTF was more developed and
       > had more markup features.
       If I understand correctly the advantage they saw in RTF is
       text+images=1 file -> you only have to fetch the information from the
       server once. With html you would need to download the images
       separately.

       > The real question would be if it degraded gracefully (i.e., a regular
       > gopher menu for every RTF menu), which I haven't investigated. If it did,
       > then I *would* call that an advantage, but I imagine that was not part
       > of the spec.
       I don't think they were thinking about that. This sort of menus don't
       work at all in any other Gopher+ client - they just display lots of
       error lines.

       Matjaz
       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] Anouncement: A New Version of Gopher Client
       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] Anouncement: A New Version of Gopher Client
 (DIR) Followup: [gopher] Re: Anouncement: A New Version of Gopher Client
 (DIR) Followup: [gopher] Re: Anouncement: A New Version of Gopher Client