From: gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org
       Date: Sat Dec  5 23:25:15 2009
       Subject: Re: [gopher] New Gopher Proxy

       On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 12:16:09PM -0800, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
       > > > In a google search for "gopher proxy" I happened to stumble across this:
       > > > http://gopher-proxy.stephenmorley.org/.
       > >
       > > This is great.
       > > Now if we can just get some of the http-based gopher sites to start
       > > listing these proxies, they might get picked up by the search engines.
       >
       > ... as long as the search engines don't start indexing them *through* the
       > proxies. I've had services get DOSed by bot traffic, and I've had to block
       > proxies that did (I'm not naming names; that was handled under the table).

       It seems to me that this would be a good thing, and that
       responsibility for limiting bots on sensitive sites would be the
       domain of the site operator, not the proxy operator.

         --Brian

       --
       Don't have gopher?  Visit the world's first wiki-based gopher proxy!
       http://www.pongonova.org/gopherwiki

       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] New Gopher Proxy
 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] New Gopher Proxy
 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] New Gopher Proxy