From: gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org
       Date: Mon Jan 11 13:30:59 2010
       Subject: Re: [gopher] gopher++ (gopher1) protocol

       On Monday 11 January 2010 13:09, Kim Holviala wrote:
       > Seems pretty good to me.... If we take 1 server and 100 clients, I know
       > where I would prefer my file format support to be - in the same place
       > where the actual files are.

       You can't do any automated transcoding just like that. It's not that easy.
       The big problem about your whole transcoding stuff is that a transcoded
       document is not the same document anymore. Say, that I create a PDF
       document where most information is vector graphic. If the client ask for
       us-ascii text, an automated transcoding program will simply drop all
       things which are not bare text, and my PDF will look like crap.

       That's why in my opinion, applying *any* automated transcoding is wrong.
       If I want my document to be readable by C64 owners, I will write it in a
       way that will allow that.

       Best regards,
       Mateusz Viste

       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] gopher++ (gopher1) protocol
 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] gopher++ (gopher1) protocol