From: gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org
       Date: Sun May  2 11:18:34 2010
       Subject: Re: [gopher] Torrent update

       --===============0501793108827263649==

       --nextPart10353188.KJbvIDm5Gm

       On Saturday 01 May 2010 23:33:32 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
       > Florian Teply <usenet@teply.info> writes:

       > >> Is anyone planning to make the files in the torrent available through
       > >> http, ftp or gopher?
       > >
       > > Hmm, what way of making the files available do you mean? serving the
       > > .tar.bz2 files and stuff just as it is in the torrent, or the unpacked
       > > data?
       >=20
       > Serving the .tar.bz2. As this computer is not configured for bittorrent
       > yet (firewalling, (drop) priviledges, etc), I was looking for another
       > way to get the files, until I have time to configure this for bt.
       >=20
       Ah, okay. Have both of it up anyways somehow.
       > [...]
       >=20
       > > going to be. But as i recall from some previous post, some guys would be
       > > willing to host the stuff. That also includes me.
       > >
       > > Currently i'm unpacking the stuff, the archives can be found at:
       > > gopher://lime.dnsalias.net/1/archives
       > > gopher://nerd.endoftheinternet.org/1/archives
       > > and also via IPv6:
       > > gopher://gopher.home.ipv6.teply.info/1/archives
       >=20
       > Thanks! I'll visit those soon.
       >=20
       > (If I download gigabytes from your server is it okay to rely on TCP for
       > bandwidth control, or do you want me to do it slower? (And I wonder how
       > would that be done - snarf has no documented option for that.))
       >=20
       >=20
       I don't mind. It probably won't go beyond say 70KB/s though, and with a=20
       disconnect every 24 hours. So downloading the large tar.bz2 will probably b=
       e a=20
       royal PITA as it won't finish before my DSL provider disconnects. Right now=
       =20
       i'm moving at least the smaller quux.org mirror to a server with better=20
       connection but due to size constraints i can't put up the large one there.

       Anyone knows of some download manager for gopher?
       I'm cleaning up the archive right now as there are plenty of empty=20
       directories, maybe i can tar it up again into smaller parts...
       >=20
       > About mpm_gopher.mov, I got a 154 MiB copy of it from a FTP server,
       > which seems to be shorter than announced by the QuickTime container. A
       > bad copy, I presume?
       >=20
       Very probably. The copy i have here is 404 MiB. Feel free to grab it...

       HTH,
       =46lorian

       --===============0501793108827263649==--