From: gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org
       Date: Thu Apr 28 12:44:05 2011
       Subject: Re: [gopher] RFC: Selector/item type 'R' -- RoarAudio server

       --===============7864504566798986720==

       --=-+OGWtPDTJuB2r4SjECql

       reflum,

       On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 21:25 -0700, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
       > > I ask for comments about using a new selector/item type 'R' for
       > > RoarAudio servers. Here is what I would use it for and how:
       > >=20
       > > Host and Port would be to be used like libroar does: Host/IP + Port for
       > > INET and INET6, Host as Path and Port set to zero for UNIX, Host set to
       > > node with '::' suffix and Port to Objectnumber for numerical DECnet
       > > objects, Host set to node + '::' + object and Port set to zero for name=
       > > DECnet objects.
       >=20
       > Can you give a for-example of a "proposed working" selector, or do you ha=
       ve
       > a client that understands R itemtype for playing with?

       No client yet (first the specs, then the client!).

       Examples include:
       /
               Tell the client about the existance of the server. May be used
               depending on the type of client: Open a control program, send
               config parameters to a player or recording program to let it use
               this server, print general data about the server with a menu to
               select a action,...
       /listen, /listen/*/*/*/*/*
               Ask the client to listen to music passing the server, optinally
               with parameters.
       /play, /play/...
               Ask the client to send audio data to the server: configure a
               player to send to this server. Optionally with parameters.
       /cmd/noop
               Send a NOOP command (ping the server).
       /cmd/server_info/server, /cmd/server_info/server/contact
               Ask the server for version and other meta data. Optionally with
               more parameters for the command.
       /clients, /clients/*
               Show infos about clients or a single client.
       /streams, /streams/*
               Show infos about streams or a single stream.

       /clients/* and /streams/*
               May also be used as reference to related (parrent, child,...)
               objects.

       The selectors would be organized in namespaces like /cmd/ to send a
       specific command, or /streams/ for pointing to specific streams.

       --=20
       Philipp.
        (Rah of PH2)

       --=-+OGWtPDTJuB2r4SjECql

       --=-+OGWtPDTJuB2r4SjECql--

       --===============7864504566798986720==--
       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] RFC: Selector/item type 'R' -- RoarAudio server
 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] RFC: Selector/item type 'R' -- RoarAudio server