From: gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org
       Date: Mon Mar 26 05:56:22 2012
       Subject: Re: [gopher] pygopherd and zombies

       What I said was that it's always left 1 or 2 zombies. I can't really
       remember the reason now, but I believe it was in the guts of some Python
       module.

       They always did get wait()ed upon, just after the next connection, I
       believe.  As a practical matter, that behavior doesn't cause any issues
       unless you're running on a system with 10K RAM...

       John

       On 03/25/2012 10:53 PM, David Griffith wrote:
       > On Sun, 25 Mar 2012, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
       >
       >>> Does anyone here know why pygopherd constantly creates zombies?  Does
       >>> anyone know how to fix it?
       >>
       >> What OS? Sounds like it's not wait()ing on its children. Maybe try
       >> running it from (x)inetd?
       >
       > I'm running it on x86 and amd64.  I just got a reply from John Goerzen
       > who said that it has always done that.  It just strikes me as
       > something that really should be fixed instead of tolerating it.

       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] pygopherd and zombies
 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] pygopherd and zombies