From: gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org
       Date: Mon May 14 20:09:17 2012
       Subject: Re: [gopher] Capability files are dangerous

       --===============0923112095926516357==

       --------------050008020406080806060305

       On 14/05/2012 17:07, Kim Holviala wrote:
       > On May 14, 2012, at 17:33 , Cameron Kaiser wrote:
       >
       >> For most servers, caps.txt will be just another file. Only Bucktooth and
       >> Gophernicus generate it by pseudoselector. The server has no idea who is
       >> fetching caps.txt and for what purpose.
       >
       > Actually.... The original poster was somewhat correct with that
       assumption. I can now fairly reliably determine between UMN gopher
       client, Overbite (the latest betas) and other gopher clients.
       Any evidence to back it up? Like an extract from your caps file
       maybe.....?

       --------------050008020406080806060305

         <head>
             http-equiv="Content-Type">
           <title></title>
         </head>
           On 14/05/2012 17:07, Kim Holviala wrote:<br>
             Cameron Kaiser wrote:<br>
             &gt;<br>
             &gt;&gt; For most servers, caps.txt will be just another file.
             Only Bucktooth and<br>
             &gt;&gt; Gophernicus generate it by pseudoselector. The server
             has no idea who is<br>
             &gt;&gt; fetching caps.txt and for what purpose.<br>
             &gt;<br>
             &gt; Actually.... The original poster was somewhat correct with
             that assumption. I can now fairly reliably determine between UMN
             gopher client, Overbite (the latest betas) and other gopher
             clients.</span><br>
           Any evidence to back it up? Like an extract from your caps file<br>
           maybe.....?<br>

       --------------050008020406080806060305--

       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] Capability files are dangerous
 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] Capability files are dangerous