From: gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org
       Date: Mon May 14 21:16:58 2012
       Subject: Re: [gopher] Gor

       --===============7894559750001482435==

       --------------010208020907090800030904

       On 14/05/2012 20:03, Cameron Kaiser wrote:
       >> A bit like building a ultra-secure house and then leaving the door
       >> open while you go shopping.
       >
       > Well, what about a Gopher-only Tor (Gor?) that has some entry nodes and
       > some exit nodes? We have this sort of already with the proxies, but
       > the entry nodes would randomize to either another entry node or an exit
       > node.
       >
       > The trick here is defining a proxy "groxy" standard. This got talked about
       > briefly in the distant past but nothing ever came of it.
       Good idea. But the problem is, the gopher community's so small that
       you'd only get a very small number exit/entry nodes. A high level of
       exit/entry nodes (to my understanding) essential to any Tor-style
       anonymity network. Or would this 'piggyback' (my term) on the tor
       network? I can't really get how you're planning on doing it, but from
       the wording I'd presume the former (an individual tor-like network).

       --------------010208020907090800030904

         <head>
             http-equiv="Content-Type">
           <title></title>
         </head>
           On 14/05/2012 20:03, Cameron Kaiser wrote:<br>
             ultra-secure house and then leaving the door<br>
             &gt;&gt; open while you go shopping.<br>
             &gt;<br>
             &gt; Well, what about a Gopher-only Tor (Gor?) that has some
             entry nodes and<br>
             &gt; some exit nodes? We have this sort of already with the
             proxies, but<br>
             &gt; the entry nodes would randomize to either another entry
             node or an exit<br>
             &gt; node.<br>
             &gt;<br>
             &gt; The trick here is defining a proxy "groxy" standard. This
             got talked about<br>
             &gt; briefly in the distant past but nothing ever came of it.</span><br>
           Good idea. But the problem is, the gopher community's so small
           that<br>
           you'd only get a very small number exit/entry nodes. A high level
           of<br>
           exit/entry nodes (to my understanding) essential to any Tor-style<br>
           anonymity network. Or would this 'piggyback' (my term) on the tor<br>
           network? I can't really get how you're planning on doing it, but
           from<br>
           the wording I'd presume the former (an individual tor-like
           network). <br>

       --------------010208020907090800030904--

       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] Capability files are dangerous
 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] Capability files are dangerous