From: "Gopher-Project" <gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org>
       Date: Fri Jan 24 10:31:01 2014
       Subject: Re: [gopher] Gopher server running on ARM?

       Hello,

       Since several months, the Motsognir gopher server is totally compatible
       with ARM, too.

       Installing it is as easy as:
       # make
       # make install

       No dependencies, no xinetd, no interpreted scripting. Runs out of the
       box (I am using it on a few Raspberry boxes with Raspbian myself).

          http://sourceforge.net/projects/motsognir/

       cheers,
       Mateusz

       On 01/23/2014 04:55 PM, Peter Garner wrote:

       > Oliver Cromm <gmane@...> writes:
       >

       >> I would like to move my (very neglected) Gopher site to my new
       >> server machine, which is an ARM-based plug computer.
       >>
       >> Which server software would be suited to that? Does anyone have
       >> experience?
       >>
       >> I assume pygopherd (which I currently use) would work, being
       >> Python. However, I also had an eye on mgod, for low resources
       >> requirements and scripting capability (for some pseudo
       >> "Web-Services"). However, I'm not a C programmer, so if it doesn't
       >> compile I wouldn't know what to do. How likely is it that mgod or
       >> a similar product can be adjusted so it compiles?
       >>

       > My headless Raspberry Model B (700Mhz, 512Mb memory) happily runs Bucktooth
       > written in Perl, using Xinetd. Here are some specs:
       >
       > Memory:
       >
       > arm=496M
       > gpu=16M
       >               total          used       free     shared    buffers     cached
       > Mem:   485M       174M       311M         0B        13M       131M
       > Low:     485M       174M       311M
       > High:         0B         0B         0B
       > -/+ buffers/cache:        29M       456M
       > Swap:           0B         0B         0B
       >
       > I'd recommend this setup.

 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] Gopher server running on ARM?