From: "Gopher-Project" <gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org>
       Date: Sun Jan 11 12:26:37 2015
       Subject: Re: [gopher] History and future of "the gopher project"

       On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 01:06:20PM +0200, Kim Holviala wrote:
       > > On 11 Jan 2015, at 12:21, Mateusz Viste <mateusz@viste.fr> wrote:
       > >
       > > On 01/10/2015 09:16 PM, Jeff W wrote:
       > >> Before doing so he moved the gopher project email list over to the Debian
       > >> project's mailman-based listserv, hence the current arrangement.
       > >
       > > About this - why are we all using this mailing list in the first place?
       > > There have been a dedicated nntp group for gopher since forever:
       > > comp.infosystems.gopher but surprisingly, this mailing list is much more
       > > active.
       >
       > Yes, NNTP is a much better protocol... but getting a feed nowadays is pretty
       > complicated unless you pay for some NNTP service. Pretty much all ISPs have
       > stopped providing that, and free servers went away because of spamming.

       I recently got a free account here[1] (but really took some time for
       researching ...). You get free r/w-access to text-only newsgroups.

       Regards,
       kaltheat

       [1] http://www.eternal-september.org/

       Thread start
 (DIR) Re: [gopher] History and future of "the gopher project"
 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] History and future of "the gopher project"