From: "Gopher-Project" <gopher-project-bounces+rachael=telefisk.org@lists.alioth.debian.org>
       Date: Thu Jan  7 12:11:17 2016
       Subject: Re: [gopher] Preference in Gopher clients

       Op 07-01-16 om 02:01 schreef James Mills:
       > I really like the wa Overbite for FF works and represents things.
       >
       > I think in today's modern world; one just needs to improve upon =

       > Overbite and add extra support for rendering other types of resources =

       > (ideally both inline with the + and full view).

       At first this a "me too". I also like the Overbite interface.

       But this made me think about how important Overbite is IMHO.  Gopher is =

       extremely obscure. Much more then Tor or i2p.

       If there is no Overbite plugin or a very similar plugin for Firefox =

       and/or for Google Chrome I believe Gopherweb will get its final blow. It =

       will be come even more obscure and tiny then it currently is.

       Yes, you can use Lynx or some other even more obscure text browser. =

       There are some very old GUI gopher-only browsers that could still work =

       more or less on some platforms.

       But that is for expert-nerds. And if you need to use a web-to-gopher =

       proxy ; what is the fun then?

       To keep Gopherweb on life support the first mission of the gopher =

       community must be to keep Overbite or similar current.

       Making new, modern and actively developed gopher server software - like =

       there is currently - is also very important. But a bit less then Overbite.

       There are several usable gopher sever software solutions but there is =

       only one Overbite.

       Walter

       -- =

       Verzonden vanaf mijn computer (onnozel h=E9?)

 (DIR) Followup: Re: [gopher] Preference in Gopher clients