From: gopher-bounce@complete.org
       Date: Fri Aug 14 03:11:40 2009

       On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 07:09:10PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
       > Google Groups is, and as a bonus provides a web-based forum-like
       > interface.  Personally I detest those, but I know there are many that
       > like 'em.

       So long as I continue to receive my gopher e-mails without having to
       deal with a web interface, count me happy.

       But I am a bit confused, though...The Google Groups privacy notice
       states:

           You need a Google Account to create a group or post comments in the
           Google Groups service. [1]

       Yet the Google Groups FAQ seems to state the opposite:

           Activities that don't require a Google Account:

               * Reading posts in public groups
               * Searching for groups, posts, or authors
               * Posting to groups via email if they are unrestricted or you're already a member
               * Joining a public Google Group via email [2]

       It really doesn't matter to me, as I have a Google account...but, it
       might matter otherwise to someone who might want to join the list but
       would rather not be forced to create a Google account to participate.

       [1] http://www.google.com/intl/en/googlegroups/privacy3.html
       [2] http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=46438&cbid=41ya5vi2bqzd&src=cb&lev=answer

         --Brian
       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] This mailing list
       Thread start
 (DIR) [gopher] This mailing list
 (DIR) Followup: [gopher] Re: This mailing list